General Consultation and Inquiry Client Kit
Step by Step Guide to commence your General Consultation and Inquiry with Landmark Law
In order to commence our services promptly and facilitate a timely representation of your matter, please provide the following by the stated timelines. Delays in receiving the information may result in prejudice to your matter and additional charges may apply. Thank you for your cooperation!
The first 20 minutes is free consultation and any time after the 20 minute mark will be charged at $250.00 + HST per hour.
Note: Landmark Law does not represent you as your legal counsel until Landmark Law is officially retained by you which commences after you have read and signed the Retainer Agreement and remitted the required retainer.
STEP 1: Initial Consultation with Landmark Law
i. Schedule your remote initial consultation appointment with Landmark Law
[Book the remote appointment date as soon as possible with Landmark Law as time is of the essence for litigation matters]
Book your Appointment: Booking Scheduler [Click Here] or immediately above from the embedded booking calendar
ii. Review the following information on Steps Involved in Remote Meeting:
In anticipation of our meeting, please refer to the following information/steps to keep you informed of what is expected and the setup for the meeting:
Before the meeting:
- Please prepare two pieces of ID [i.e. Driver's License, Passport, Credit Card; Health Card is not acceptable].
- Please email us some background information, any relevant documents, your major questions and concerns.
- Please plan ahead and prepare to attend the meeting at a secure and totally private space with adequate and good soundproofing.
- It is recommended that you prepare earphones/earbuds/headphones/headsets for use throughout the remote meeting - for clearer audio and somewhat added security.
Note: All information you share with us will be kept confidential between us unless expressly or impliedly authorized by you, required by law, my insurers, the Court, or to collect a debt. Consultations with Landmark Law is a safe environment where you may feel free to divulge any important information and there are no judgments.
During the meeting:
- First, we will ask for your consent to video recording for compliance purposes.
- We will ask you to present the two pieces of ID you prepared before the meeting by showing us the front and backside of these IDs. Please present them within the frame of the camera view for it to be captured.
- After this, we will ask you to present to us slowly a 360 degree view of the location you are at for the meeting and for signing by ensuring that it is of a totally private nature.
- If applicable, then you will be asked to present each page, one after another, of the relevant documents that require review and signing by holding them up to the camera to be captured. Please present them within the frame of the camera view for them to be captured.
- It is important to note that throughout the meeting we are not able to pause and allow interruptions from any 3rd parties, as this meeting is private.
- After these initial prep work before and during the meeting (Steps 1-5), we will proceed with our consultation.
- To begin the consultation, we will first ask you to please tell us anything you feel are relevant, best if it is in chronological order, we might stop you to clarify and explore any details further through pointed questions if required.
- Then we will go over your questions, concerns, relevant documents by examining the applicable law and how that law applies to your situation, if applicable.
- To conclude the consultation, we will go over some options, their advantages and disadvantages (if applicable) and end with next steps.
If after the consultation, Landmark Law is able/capable of representing you and you wish to retain Landmark Law's services please proceed to Step 2 below.STEP 2: Getting Started (To Retain Landmark Law)
To retain Landmark Law, please immediately provide Landmark Law with:
[If anything need to be submitted by email to Landmark Law, please email and cc both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com] Click Here to send us an Email!!!
i. Email any material and relevant background information or documents to Landmark Law.
ii. Email Two valid IDs
(e.g. Canadian Driver's License, Credit Card, Passport/PR; Health Card not accepted.).
Please make sure to submit a clear "front-side" and "back-side" scan or photocopy of your two pieces of identification.
iii. Remit $900 Retainer payable to "Landmark Law Professional Corporation, in Trust" or e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
If by e-transfer, please provide Landmark Law with the e-transfer secret password.
iv. Complete the Landmark Law's Standard Retainer
PDF Retainer to complete by hand and scanned back: PDF Standard Retainer [Click Here]
v. Complete Form 1A - Landmark Law's Verification of Identity Form
[Option to either complete online or by PDF]
[To change language between English, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese, you may select them respectively from the drop down menu on the top right corner of the Form.]
Online Form to complete online: Online Form 1A [Click Here] or immediately above from the embedded Form
PDF Form to complete by hand and scanned back: PDF Form 1A [Click Here]
Note: There may be other forms and questionnaire that you must complete depending on your legal matter involved. Thank you for your understanding.
Note: If there are any missing or incomplete information please submit them as soon as they are available to Landmark Law.
STEP 3: Interim Preparations
Landmark Law will focus on cost effective, practical and result-oriented approach to assist you in resolving your matters. Landmark Law will review the matters holistically and provide you with ongoing step-by-step assistance as your matter progresses.
Please provide or confirm the following to/with Landmark Law as soon as possible:
i. Any relevant documents or information that you feel is material to your matter.
[We may request more from you or pose additional questions to you or seek your instructions from you on an ongoing basis throughout your matter. Thank you for your understanding.]
ii. Be present and communicate frequently with Landmark Law to stay up to date and provide instructions on your matter. If Landmark Law cannot reach you for instructions or there is a loss of confidence between us, etc. we may withdraw from representation in accordance with our retainer agreement and in compliance with our rules of professional conduct.
iii. From time to time and for the duration of your matter, Landmark Law will request you to replenish the retainer, as it is spent, so that we continue to have enough funds in trust to cover legal services completed and necessary next steps. The retainer is not a flat fee or an estimate of the cost of your work.
Note: Until you provide us with a retainer or replenish it when it is exhausted, we will not work on your file, and no steps will be taken on your behalf.
STEP 4: Closing Your Matter / Resolution
i. Your matter may be finalized and closed when the appropriate work such as contract drafting or review are complete or it may be resolved by way of a settled agreement after negotiations, submissions of applications, mediation, arbitration, tribunal, hearings or trial, etc.
ii. Remit the remaining outstanding balance to Landmark Law once you receive Landmark Law's invoice.
iii. If you were happy with our service, we would appreciate a 5-Star Google Review and "like" on Facebook/LandmarkLawPC. Thank you again for choosing and believing in Landmark Law!
QuestionsIf you have any questions please email and cc both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org Click Here to send us an Email!!!